Check yourself or someone you know with these questions.
- Do people seem to mumble, making it hard for you to understand them?
- Do you have difficulty following certain women’s and children’s voices?
- Do you notice that you are favoring one ear over the other?
- Do you have difficulty following conversations while riding in the car?
- Do you turn up the volume on the TV, radio or stereo?
- Do you find it difficult to follow conversations in a crowded room?
- Do you find yourself asking others to repeat themselves?
If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, we urge you to contact our office for a consultation.
The hearing loss professionals at Creekside Hearing Aid Services have been providing Vacaville, Fairfield, and Dixon California with hearing services since 1998. Approximately 17% of adults in America (roughly 38 million) report hearing loss, but it takes an average of 7 years for people to seek help. While hearing loss can be treated, it cannot be reversed. Receiving treatment early on is key to staying ahead of frustrating communication issues. Trust the hearing specialists Creekside Hearing Aid Services to provide solutions that best fit your needs.
Hearing relies on the ear’s ability to detect sounds and brain’s ability to interpret them. Many factors play into the causes of hearing loss, including age, disease, heredity and noise exposure. Studies show that men are more likely than women to experience a loss in hearing.
Hearing loss can be divided into four categories: mild, moderate, severe and profound. No matter where on the scale you fit, it is important to seek treatment. The most common treatment for hearing loss is the use of hearing aids. Other people utilize different types of implants to improve their hearing ability if hearing aids are not an appropriate treatment option.
Take the initial step in hearing loss solutions by taking the interactive hearing test below and then decide how we can best help you.